July 11, 2019
A lot of people want to find more clarity in their lives, and I want to share with you 3 ways to move from confusion to clarity.
Here are three steps:
- Reduce stimulation. We are living in a world where technology is progressing so fast but there’s not an increase in human happiness. I think we’re more distracted today than ever. And distraction pulls us away from our happiness. Sensory overload is an abundance of stimuli that is intolerable and it causes confusion. Evidence is increasingly showing that overstimulation is a major factor leading to anxiety and depression. How do we overcome overstimulation and stay focused in a world that is moving so rapidly and so quickly? We have to stay conscious of the amount of time we’re spending in front of screens. That means your phone, computer, television, iPad, etc. You want to reduce stimulation and you can do that through meditation; spending some time sitting down quieting your mind and paying attention to your breath. You can also reduce stimulation by going outside and connecting with nature, taking a walk, or going to a yoga class. Because when there’s so much noise happening it can be really hard to find clarity because you just were inundated with too much information and your brain is confused and overstimulated.
- Pay attention to your energy. Once you’ve reduced the stimuli, it’s much easier to start to pay attention to your energy. That means noticing when your energy go up and when does it go down. It’s really important to listen to your energetic excitement — there are things that you’re naturally excited about. I get excited when I talk about human potential. I have a client that gets excited when she talks about politics. I don’t get excited when I talk about politics. You energy is giving you feedback about what direction is naturally exciting to you. Start to pay attention. Maybe it’s when you are talking about a certain subject matter. Write down what when you get excited, what are you doing? What are you talking about? What are you seeing?
- Design your life around the things that light you up and let go of the three things that no longer serve you. Now that you have written down and you know what are the things that light you up and what makes your energy dip, you can use that as a guide for a total brain dump for clarity. Brain dump how you can integrate the things that light you up into your life. Can you take a class? Write an article on a subject matter that interests you? As you take action, you’ll gain clarity because clarity comes from taking action.
- 02 Mar 2008The Flowering of Human Consciousness 7 Comments
- 01 May 2014Using Visualization to Create What You Want 7 Comments
- 14 Mar 2014I walked on Fire! 4 Comments
- 26 Mar 20133 Questions to Change Your Career 4 Comments
- 29 May 2014How to Bust Through Your Fear 4 Comments