Put your hands in the air and wave ’em like you just don’t care…
But, if you’re self-conscious about the jiggly skin between your elbows and armpits, it can take the fun out of throwing your arms in the air.
As you age, your body produces less collagen and elastin (the connective tissues that keep your skin tight). The result – loose, flabby skin under your arms that just hangs.
Tone your triceps- the back of your upper arms- without going to a gym, and reduce under arm fat with these four exercises:
1. Wall push-ups: Stand at a wall, feet apart and press your hands against the wall. Do wall push-ups with your hands close together, next to your chest.
2. Ball Toss: Lie on a towel or mat on the floor with a small ball (exercise ball or another small one). Bend your knees, keeping your feet on the floor. Toss the ball in the air as you straighten your arms. Catch and repeat.
3. Arm Circles: Stand straight. Stretch both arms out to your sides. Palms down. Make small circles, keeping your arms firm. Do as many as you can in one direction, then reverse. Do three sets a day. You’ll feel it immediately.
4. Tricep curls: Use free weights, a resistance strap, or canned food. Stand next to a table, one foot in front of the other. Bend your knees-slightly. With a weight in one hand, rest your elbow on the table and bend your arm 90 degrees. Then, straighten your arm out behind you. Hold for 5 seconds. Slowly bring your arm to its starting position and repeat five times. Exercise other arm.
Build up your triceps, so you can fill that sagging skin with muscle.
Then, wave your toned arms in the air. Now, you really don’t care.
- 02 Mar 2008The Flowering of Human Consciousness 7 Comments
- 01 May 2014Using Visualization to Create What You Want 7 Comments
- 14 Mar 2014I walked on Fire! 4 Comments
- 26 Mar 20133 Questions to Change Your Career 4 Comments
- 29 May 2014How to Bust Through Your Fear 4 Comments