When I first started my business, I hid behind my brand (Self in the City). I was afraid of putting myself “out there.” I didn’t know what others would think of me.
I thought, “What would my friends think? What would my family think?”
Even worse, “What if….I put myself ‘out there’ and fail?”
I joke that I am a recovering hider because I’m coming out and I want the world to know!
I’m launching a new website TODAY!
You can check it out here: www.annagoldstein.com
After coaching hundreds of people over the last 4.5 years, I realize we all have something in common. We are AFRAID of what others think!
There’s a quote by David Icke that says, “The greatest prison people live in, is the fear of what other people think.”
We are afraid of being judged, rejected and not accepted. We share the common fundamental human quality that we all want to feel safe and loved. And sometimes if we put ourselves “out there” it doesn’t feel very safe. In fact, it often makes us vulnerable.
A lot of the time, this prevents us from really going for what we want whether it be in our work, romantic relationships, ideal body, etc.
Your life is going to expand in proportion to your willingness to step outside your comfort zone.
Here are 6 lessons I’ve learned:
1. Not everyone is going to like you.
2. Don’t take things personally.
3. People who criticize are in pain themselves; have compassion for them.
4. Most people are thinking about themselves and not you anyways.
5. If it feels scary, most of the time you are doing the “right” thing.
6. Trust yourself.
“By leaving your comfort zone behind and taking a leap of faith into something new, you find out who you are truly capable of becoming.” – Unknown
I’m excited to share more about my own journey with you and there is nothing I want more than to see you taking actions to step out of your comfort zone and into your best version of yourself.
What would you do if you weren’t afraid of what others thought?
I would love if you could share in the comments below.
We are on this journey together and I hope to continue to support you to go for your dreams!
- 02 Mar 2008The Flowering of Human Consciousness 7 Comments
- 01 May 2014Using Visualization to Create What You Want 7 Comments
- 14 Mar 2014I walked on Fire! 4 Comments
- 26 Mar 20133 Questions to Change Your Career 4 Comments
- 29 May 2014How to Bust Through Your Fear 4 Comments