Sitting at your desk, staring at your computer, doing some work. You’re on the phone with clients and reading your e-mail. From time to time, you’re checking your latest messages on Facebook and beginning to slouch.
Take a moment to get away from it all and take a lift.
This exercise is called “The Elevator.”
You can do this simple Pilates exercise sitting right at your desk to cinch your waist and keep your belly from hanging over.
1. up tall and let your shoulders relax.
2. Imagine your belly button is the elevator at the top of a ten-floor building.
3. As you exhale, sink the elevator down to the 1st floor.
4. Hold it there as you breathe lightly. Work up to holding to a count of 10.
Do this exercise 3 times a day for a stronger waist in a week!When you’ve mastered holding your belly button on the 1st floor, try adding this:
Sink the elevator to the 1st floor and then go from the 1st floor to the basement, quickly for a count of 50.
This works the muscles in a different way.
Since we spend the majority of our time these days leaning over a computer, it’s important to take time to focus on our core. Squeeze in an exercise and benefit those stomach muscles that wrap around your waist like a corset. It will help you improve your posture.
- 02 Mar 2008The Flowering of Human Consciousness 7 Comments
- 01 May 2014Using Visualization to Create What You Want 7 Comments
- 14 Mar 2014I walked on Fire! 4 Comments
- 26 Mar 20133 Questions to Change Your Career 4 Comments
- 29 May 2014How to Bust Through Your Fear 4 Comments