“Suffering is optional. Whenever we experience a stressful feeling- anything from mild discomfort to intense sorrow, rage, or despair-we can be certain that there is a specific thought causing our reaction, whether or not we are conscious of it. The way to end our stress is to investigate the thinking that lies behind it. ” – Byron Katie
When you notice a negative emotion, bring your attention to your thoughts. Ask yourself, “What am I thinking?” Actively asking yourself to examine your thoughts, will allow you to change them. Just because you’re having a thought, does not mean that it is real or true. In fact most of the time our thoughts are telling us lies. The truth is usually underneath the thought and can be found when your mind is free from thought streams (mostly conditioned by the past). When you are able to notice thoughts that don’t make you feel good, you are given the power to change your thoughts and therefore change how you feel. Make the choice to feel good. Life is a temporary experience, enjoy it.
- 02 Mar 2008The Flowering of Human Consciousness 7 Comments
- 01 May 2014Using Visualization to Create What You Want 7 Comments
- 14 Mar 2014I walked on Fire! 4 Comments
- 26 Mar 20133 Questions to Change Your Career 4 Comments
- 29 May 2014How to Bust Through Your Fear 4 Comments