Happy New Year!
I love the energy of a New Year and wishing people happiness! It’s exciting!
There is a lot of talk about resolutions and goals.
We have a positive intention to start something new in our lives; whether it be to start a business, change careers, get in better shape, improve our relationships, etc.
Whatever your goal or resolution is, there is ONE key element you must have to be successful.
Without consistency, nothing will stick. Setting a resolution or goal that you can be consistent in will make all the difference.
Here are the nine common reasons people are not consistent:
1. Their goal is too big
2. They have too many goals
3. They lack clear, specific action
4. They have an “all” or “nothing” mindset
5. They don’t write down their goals
6. They don’t plan differently or use a schedule
7. When they “mess up” they quit
8. They blame external circumstances
9. They lack support and accountability
Too many people start off strong and then stop. Don’t let that be you.
To avoid getting caught in these common pitfalls, make sure you create actions that are sustainable over an extended time period.
This does not mean it has to be an every day action. It can be a few times a week or even once a week!
For example, my personal goal is to get stronger. I will know I am stronger by the amount of weight and repetition I can lift.
In the past year with having a baby, I gained 60lbs and lost it, but, I am just getting back into the swing of working out.
My action plan is to exercise three times a week. It wouldn’t be realistic for me to start exercising every day when I only went to the gym ten times since having my baby last March. I have set a goal of three times a week because it’s one that I can consistently achieve. It’s an attainable goal. I know that if I am consistent with exercising three times a week, over the next year, I will be much stronger!
Consistency builds strength, confidence, and momentum.
“For changes to be of any true value, they’ve got to be lasting and consistent.” – Tony Robbins
What is your goal or resolution?
What is the ONE action you are going to take consistently?
I would love for you to share in the comments below.
I’m here to support you. Let’s make 2016 your BEST year yet!
- 02 Mar 2008The Flowering of Human Consciousness 7 Comments
- 01 May 2014Using Visualization to Create What You Want 7 Comments
- 14 Mar 2014I walked on Fire! 4 Comments
- 26 Mar 20133 Questions to Change Your Career 4 Comments
- 29 May 2014How to Bust Through Your Fear 4 Comments