Happy Valentines Day!
Today is a great opportunity to open your heart in a greater capacity.
Here a 6 of my favorite quotes by an American figure in Tibetan Buddhism, Pema Chodron:
1. “When you begin to touch your heart or let your heart be touched, you begin to discover that it’s bottomless, that it doesn’t have any resolution, that this heart is huge, vast, and limitless. You begin to discover how much warmth and gentleness is there, as well as how much space.”
2. “Without loving-kindness for ourselves it is difficult, if not impossible, to genuinely feel it for others.”
3. “You’re the only one who knows when you’re using things to protect yourself and keep your ego together and when you’re opening and letting things fall apart, letting the world come as it is – working with it rather than struggling against it. You’re the only one who knows.”
4. “Remember that this is not something we do just once or twice. Interrupting our destructive habits and awakening our heart is the work of a lifetime.”
5. “When we are willing to stay even a moment with uncomfortable energy, we gradually learn not to fear it.”
6. “The future is completely open, and we are writing it moment to moment.”
Those are such powerful words of wisdom, aren’t they?!
Now it’s time to turn inward with these two final questions.
In what ways are you blocking your heart?
How can you open your heart more?
Leave your answers in the comments below.
Wishing you a love filled day!